We have partnered with several software engineering journals to incorporate Journal First / Conference Second (J1C2) papers into the SANER program. Through this initiative, authors of journal-first papers accepted in the participating journals will be invited to present their work at SANER, allowing the authors to interact directly with the community and offering the SANER attendees a richer set of presentations.
The participating journals that partner with SANER are the following:
- Empirical Software Engineering (Springer)
- Journal of Systems and Software (Elsevier)
- Information and Software Technology (Elsevier)
- Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (Wiley)
- Science of Computer Programming (Elsevier)
To be eligible to participate in the J1C2 program, a paper must:
- Be accepted in one of the participating journals after June 1, 2020 and before October 1, 2021.
- Be in scope of the conference, i.e., focus on work related to software analysis, evolution, and reengineering.
- Report on new research results that are not an extension of a previous conference publication. That is, journal versions extending prior conference publications with additional empirical results, proofs, algorithms, or other such details are out of scope for the J1C2 track.
- Not have been presented at or under current consideration for any journal-first program of another conference (or a past edition of this conference).
- Be a peer-reviewed article (e.g., letters to the editor are not considered eligible).
The J1C2 committee will check whether the submission is in scope for the J1C2 track. As the manuscripts have been already reviewed and accepted by the journals, they will not be reviewed again for technical correctness but rather be checked for the J1C2 criteria.
Authors of manuscripts that fulfill the above criteria are invited to submit a presentation proposal via EasyChair.
The proposal should consist of:
- the paper title;
- names of all authors;
- the paper abstract;
- the acceptance and publication dates of the journal paper;
- a short statement on how the work is relevant to the SANER community;
- a statement confirming that the paper presents new research results that are not an extension of a previous conference publication;
- a statement confirming that the paper has not been presented at or under current consideration for any journal-first program of another conference (or a past edition of this conference); and
- a pointer to the original journal paper.
Presentation and Proceedings
At least one author of each accepted J1C2 submission must register and attend the conference to present the paper.
The accepted journal-first papers will have the title of their journal article listed in the conference program. Full journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and will not be part of the SANER proceedings.
- Submission: November 19, 2021 AoE
- Notification: December 17, 2021 AoE
- Note that there is no camera ready deadline since the one page submitted will not be part of the proceedings.
- Submission Page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=saner2022